Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Only Phules rush in...

...where angels fear to tread.

Hey there, you (eventual) Skyway Scallywags of Our Spir@l !

"So, there I was....", studiously re-checking every nook and cranny of the Pirate 101 Website, when an image in the "General Concept Art" flashed by.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Full Stop! Come about, lads! 5 Dots in! Bring that graphic back up, with a will!"

Phule Character Art

Well, well, what have we here? Another escapee from a Masquerade Ball? Is this a future companion? Hopefully we won't be fighting a Tsunami of clowns, because this character doesn't quite look like they do kid's parties. Is there a Pirate101 BatMan? Really digging the Yin/Yang motif. Who knows? Perhaps it's a "Nod of thanks" to Jester, over at Pirate 101 Central , in recognition for years of Community Support.

I was over at Witchwarrior101, (yay! She's back!), and Cassandra says the Armada reminds her of 'V for Vendetta', and having read that, I can't help but really see some 'V' in this 'Phule', which, in the long run, tells me nothing, because 'V' was quite the anti-typical hero.

KingsIsle, you're killin' me, here! I'll theorycraft me'self to death, I will! What am I saying? I can't be mad at KI, only my own impatience. So, what are your thoughts?

 
 

Oh, Pirate 101, I can't help falling in love with you!

Be Thee Well

Edit: Darn it, Autumn, *check* to make sure the video is embedded *before* you publish, geesh!

2 comments:

Secrets of the Spiral said...

If Valencia is modeled after Italy (Venice) and the Armada is stationed at Valencia, then those pictures remind me of the traditional Carnival costumes held in (real-life) Venice once a year.

Fatal Exception said...

*totally* agree. reminds me of the Ballroom scene in "Labyrinth"