Thursday, May 3, 2012

A place to call Home.

"Turtle Island" Tortuga. "Sea Turtles, Mate."

"So, there I was", taking random potshots at @FriendlyNecro  , defending my, uh, "Good" name against slander and calumny, (whereas no crimes can, indeed, be proven in a Court of Law.) And he was kind enough to stir the bubbling pot that is my mind, and brought forth a thought. Tortuga.


Ah, Tortuga. "Turtle Island". Had Obi Wan seen it, he might have revised his statement about Mos Eisley Spaceport. In truth, they probably share many of the same qualities. A fine lot of rabble-rousers. Loud, unscrupulous,  cunning, and opportunistic. If only we had such a place! A haven, a sanctuary. A place where a pirate can feel truly welcome. Oh, but that's right, we do! Skull Island!

"Too far from the center of the Spiral for the great powers to exert much control, most of Skull Island is ruled by the Pirates themselves - crews and gangs have taken over failed colonies or built new ramshackle cities of their own: Jonah Town, Flotsam, Scrimshaw, and Skull Island itself, Captain Avery's Pirate capital."


Aaaaargh! I'll thow me a piratey temper tantrum, I will, I will! The skyways are lovely dark, and deep, but we've many weeks before we sleep.   They say "Patience is a virtue", or so I've heard. Could be just a rumor. Best not to take any chances, though.

I just only now, this past week saw Peter Pan (2003), and all I can say is "Jason Isaacs? BEST. HOOK. EVER.". Well, truth be told, the entire move was "Best.Adaptation.Ever.", of J.M. Barrie's play and novel.
So, I'll just leave it off here, then.


No comments: